This page will cover the posts written on this blog about Amarilla’s father Daniel D. Spracklin and his two families and posts written on other blogs of value.
Daniel’s first family consisted of four children: Henry, Oliver, Mary and Amarilla, and his first marriage to Elizabeth Keller.
Daniel married again to Sarah Blacketer Allgood in 1863 in Iowa and went on to have seven more children: Lydia, Virda, Reed, Daniel Goss, Peter George, Charles Edward and Alfred.
I am creating pages for each family grouping to help make it easier to find the posts written about that family. This will make it easier to find study the information and I highly recommend that you do that and not just jump around. Please read the posts carefully it is important. Always feel free to ask me questions and request copies of original documents or suggest updates for genealogy always changes as new information comes to light.
Blogs are not the best for doing searches and can be confusing. As the author I sort of know what is going on. I have made copies of my posts and put them into a Word.doc so I can search it and I have a Table of Contents of the posts making it easier for me to find things.
There are three ways to search this blog:
Use the Archive Box on the right side of the blog and find the month and year and click and it will give you a listing of posts written during that time. So if you use the dates below you can find the post you are looking for and see it in sequence. Blogs go from past dates to present so they are backwards from a book.
Use the Search box on the right of this blog to search using key words like a person’s name, the location, topics like Mayflower etc.
Seek out the Categories which I have tried to organize by surname, cemeteries, locations and subjects. The list is auto alphabetical within the grouping, so you need to scroll looking for what you want. There is a number next to the category telling you approximately how many posts that the category. It may not find all references to the keyword you are using, although I strive to be careful and diligent.
Blogs are backwards from a book, so the oldest posts are the first. So you could technically go back to the beginning and go forward through the blog. I strive to do the genealogy in a chronological manner but not always for this is also a story about their lives and family connections make it very complicated. When I start writing about a family, I do a summary post of the family of a specific couple listing their children and then try to follow it with more detailed posts about the children and their families if it works within the concept of the blog. If you see revisiting in the title it means I have found new information or am going back to that person or couple and adding more detail.
The Two Families of Daniel D. Spracklin, father of Amarilla Spracklin Barclay
Daniel D. Spracklin’s first marriage to Elizabeth Keller in Ohio in 1852 and his migration to Iowa. For more on Elizabeth Keller she her parents page for posts at the top of this blog – John Keller and Mary Anne Delano.
Post written on the BJM Cemeteries Discoveries Blog: Elizabeth Keller Spracklin, Daniel, Sarah and Alfred Spracklin’s buriel. Daniel’s sister Olive married into the Merrifield family.
- Visit to Titler Cemetery April 2003, Near Marengo, Iowa, July 17, 2010
- Titler Cemetery Publications, July 26, 2010
- The Stones of Titler Cemetery – Merrifield! August 19, 2010
- The Stones of Titler Cemetery – Allgood and Blacketer, August 26, 2010
- The Stones of Titler Cemetery – Spracklin/len, September 11, 2010 – Elizabeth, Oliver and Mary’s buriel
- Community Cemetery, near Millersburg on the way to Deep River, Iowa, January 7, 2011
- The Stones of the Community Cemetery, Iowa: Spracklin/len, January 17, 2011
- Stones of the Community Cemetery, Iowa: Alfred Spracklin, January 28, 2011
- Stones of the Community Cemetery: The Location, February 13, 2011
Daniel D. Spracklin
- Daniel D. Spracklin a son of John and Lydia Spracklin, January 26, 2014 – Solomon Goss Blog
- The Spracklin Brothers in Benton Co., Iowa, February 2, 2014 – Solomon Goss Blog
- Daniel’s In-Laws John and Mary (Delano) Keller a connection to DAR and to the “Fortune.” February 12, 2014 – From the Solomon Goss Blog.
- The Keller and Delano Family Connections, February 20, 2014 – Solomon Goss Blog.
The surviving children of Daniel and Elizabeth Keller Spracklin – the 1st marriage:
Amarilla Spracklin a daughter of Daniel and Elizabeth:
- Getting to Know Amarilla Spracklin Barclay, March 27, 2010
- 1878: Enter Amarilla Spracklin, January 9, 2011
- George & Amarilla’s Wedding Photos, January 17, 2011
- Amarilla’s Origins in Iowa, February 4, 2011
- Stepping Back in Time: Amarilla’s Life in Iowa Before George! July 1, 2011 – Covers Daniel’s & Elizabeth
- Amarilla’s Connection to Ohio! August 13, 2011 – This is the Delano/Keller line
Henry Spracklin a son of Daniel and Elizabeth:
- A Terrible Accident: Henry Spracklin is Killed, 1893, August 10, 2012
- Henry & Elizabeth Spracklin’s Family, August 24, 2012
- What Happened to Elizabeth Downey, September 5, 2012
- Henry Spracklin’s Estate 1894, October 5, 2012
- The Death of Harry Spracklin, son of Henry Spracklin 1927, March 1, 2016
- Harry’s Estate: Harry and Frieda Spracklin’s Children, March 5, 2016
Daniel D. Spracklin’s second marriage in 1863 to Sarah Blacketer Allgood in Iowa.
- Sarah & Daniel’s Family, the Second Family! December 2, 2011
- Sarah Blacketer Allgood before Daniel! December 17, 2011
- Emily Jane Allgood Gilchrist 1857 to 1925 and her family…February 26, 2016
- Alfred Spracklin – Too Soon! 1893, October 19, 2012 – See BJM Cemeteries for another version.
- The Death of Sarah, Amarilla’s Step-Mother, 1907, May 8, 2015
- Daniel D. Spracklin and Sarah Blacketer Allgood’s final Resting Place and possible Military Service for Daniel, October 1, 2015
- Daniel and Sarah’s Children – An Overview, February 5, 2016
Daniel’s Estate and Death
- The Death of Amarilla’s Father, Daniel D. Spracklin – March 1915, July 17, 2015
- Daniel D. Spracklin’s Estate, An Overview, July 24, 2015
- Daniel D. Spracklin’s Estate, Heirs-at-Law, August 7, 2015
- Daniel Spracklin’s Estate: Inventory, Petition to Sell Personal Property, August 14, 2015
- Daniel D. Spracklin’s Estate: Final Report and Petition to Discharge, Augsut 21, 2015
- Daniel D. Spracklin’s Estate: The Partition Deeds, August 29, 2015
- Daniel D. Spracklins Estate: Revisiting the Partition Deeds, January 30, 2016
For more information about Daniel’s parents, his origins and siblings go to the blog: Solomon Goss in Fearing Twp In Ohio – see right side of this blog for the link.
The Children of Daniel and Sarah Spracklin: Lydia, Virda, Reed, Daniel Goss, Peter George, Charles Edward and Alfred.
- Traveling to Iowa 2003, July 20, 2015 – My research trip there to learn about the Spracklins.
Lydia Spracklin Ross:
- Daniel Spracklin’s Children: Lydia Spracklin Ross and Family of Iowa, October 12, 2015
Virda Huston Spracklin:
- Daniel Spracklin’s Children: Virda Huston Spracklin 1866 to 1927, October 24, 2015
- The Children of Virda and Lille Spracklin, October 31, 2015
- A Mystery Solved – A Niece Visits Pine River for their Tall Tales Play 1985, November 7, 2015
Reed A. Spracklin:
- Daniel and Sarah Spracklin’s Children: Reed A. Spracklin and Julia Ann Siler, November 1,5 2015
- Iowa to Jordan Montana: Reed and Julia’s Migration, November 21, 2015
- Julia and Reed Spracklin’s Children, November 28, 2105
- Traveling to Montana to meet Amos Spracklin’s family, a son of Reed and Julia Spracklin – 2003, December 13, 2015. Bonnie’s travels to learn about Spracklins
- The Family of Amos and Iva Heiss Spracklin, December, 19, 2015
- Another Visit to Montana in 2010: The Sites of Montana, Part II, December 26, 2015
Daniel Goss Spracklin:
- Daniel Spracklin’s Children: Daniel Goss Spracklin 1870 to 1927, January 2, 2016
Peter George Spracklin
- Daniel Spracklin’s Children: Peter George Spracklin A Very Restless Man…1957, January 9, 2016
Charles Edward Spracklin:
- Daniel Spracklin’s Children: Charles Edward Spracklin 1874 to 1846, January 22, 2016
- Stones of the Community Cemetery, Iowa: Alfred Spracklin, January 28, 2011 – BJM Cemeteries Blog
- Alfred Spracklin – Too Soon! 1893, October 19, 2012 – this blog
Note: Daniel and his families’ posts have been completed.