There were two very important events that took place regarding Daniel’s estate. The most important document in the probate/estate packet was the Heirs-at-law form that showed the heirs of Daniel. I have shared that with you in a previous post.
The second was a series of deeds selling the land of Daniel D. Spracklin. These deeds were found in the court clerk books and included most of Daniel’s heirs, including Amarilla. You will note that C.E. Spracklin’s deed includes his wife Arminda and also Amarilla Dawes because they were from Minnesota.
Here is a list of Grantors: Quit Claim Deeds for Sec 19, Twp. 78, Rng 12 – NE 1/4 Dayton Twp., Iowa Co., Iowa:
1. Spracklin, V.H. & wife (Mae) Co. of Sanborn, So. Dakota – 1/23/1917 – $149.50
2. Spracklin, E.S. & wife (Mrs. E.G. Spracklin) Co. of Shelby, IA – 9/23/1916 – $150.50
3. Spracklin, P.S. – Single…his wife, Co. of Iowa, IA. – 1/13/1917 – $150.50
4. Spracklin, C.E. etal (wife is Arminda V. Spracklin & Ammarilla Dawes, single) – 12/22/1916 $152.50
5. Spracklin O.R., single Co. of Sanborn, So. Dakota – 1/18/1917 – $153.50
Grantee: Thomas Stapleton
Date of filing: Jan. 25, 1917 for all of the above quit claim deeds
Time: 4:40 and 4:45 pm.
Date of Instrument: Next to name above
On the following page, after the above deeds, was a Referee Deed that I would not have known about if I had not looked through the court clerk books in person in the Courthouse. Apparently Reed and Lydia went to court. I have yet to do further research on this deed which might mean searching court records for more information.
Pg. 89 H.W. Hatter, Referee to Thomas Stapleton – Referee Deed, Jan. 29, 1917. $155.70. Regarding the sale of the land that D.D. Owned and the Plaintiffs are R.A. Spracklin and Lydia M. Ross. Apparently it was sold at $14,444.00 and approved Mar. 1916 by the court to be sold to Thomas Stapleton.
When I post about each of these heirs of Daniel’s in future posts, I will share these deeds in more detail.