I promised I would share about the partition deeds that were part of the estate of Daniel D. Spracklin in each of the posts about his children but I ended up getting to involved with the writing of each post about Daniel’s 2nd family and didn’t have the room.
So let me share the deeds for some of the heirs of Daniel and I think they are really wonderful. These are not the originals but typed copies of the deeds by the court clerk.
Here is the post that I wrote in August titled: Daniel D. Spracklin’s Estate: The Partition Deeds, August 29, 2015. This post referred to a Referree Deed as well which I will not share here.
Here is the list of those who participated in the partitioning of Daniel’s land in Dayton Twp., Iowa Co., Iowa and these deeds helped me to find where the they all went.
1. Spracklin, V.H. & wife (Mae) Co. of Sanborn, So. Dakota – 1/23/1917 – $149.50. This is Virda Huston and his wife Mae.
2. Spracklin, E.S. & wife (Mrs. E.G. Spracklin) Co. of Shelby, IA – 9/23/1916 – $150.50 – This person is Elmer George Spracklin son of Henry Spracklin, brother to Amarilla and of the first family.
3. Spracklin, P.S. – Single…his wife, Co. of Iowa, IA. – 1/13/1917 – $150.50 – I think this is Peter George Spracklin who is a son of Daniel and Sarah Spracklin.
4. Spracklin, C.E. etal (wife is Arminda V. Spracklin & Ammarilla Dawes, single) – 12/22/1916 $152.50 – This is the one in which Amarilla Barclay Dawes and Charles Edward Spracklin came together to release their claim on their father Daniel’s land. It is done in Minnesota.
5. Spracklin O.R., single Co. of Sanborn, So. Dakota – 1/18/1917 – $153.50 – Based on the Heir-at-Law form that I have featured on this blog in my posts about Daniel’s Estate, I think this is Raymond Ortha Spracklin another son of Henry Spracklin and Elizabeth Bendon.
These deeds were together in order in the book at the courthouse on my trip to Iowa in 2003 and I do not understand why there were only these individual’s listed. Based on the Heirs-at-law form from Daniel’s estate there should be more? Reed Spracklin, was the Administrator of the estate so he had an agreement with Daniel.
Source: D.D. Spracklin, Register of Deeds, Iowa Co., Iowa, Marengo, Iowa, Book 73, pg. 88, Iowa County Courthouse.